The Human Resources Office has an organizational commitment to continuously improve service to the general public and the faculty, staff and students of this campus. Our mission is to provide to our customers a positive image of the campus; resolve questions and concerns in a timely courteous manner; provide information, resources and guidance in keeping with the University policy and procedures; and to create a challenging and satisfying work environment committed to the principles that foster service excellence and continuous learning.
Major Service Areas
- The Human Resources Office provides support services to the University campus community by assisting in advertising, recruiting and appointments for Staff and Administration personnel.
- Processes all benefits: new enrollments, changes and deletions for Staff, Administration and Faculty employees; Attendance and Leave audits of departmental units.
- Assists Sarasota-Manatee campus departments/divisions to achieve their classification objectives. Establishes, changes and updates position descriptions.
- Provides counseling and assistance to employees and supervisors regarding Staff and Administration performance appraisals.
- Provides pre-grievance and pre-discipline problem resolution with employees and departments.
- Provides development and training workshops for campus community.
- Provides customer service.