Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are considered international students. Note: if you currently reside in the U.S., you are not automatically considered a permanent resident. Please check your passport to ensure that you hold a Permanent Resident Alien Card. If you do not hold a Permanent Resident Alien Card, you must apply to USF Sarasota-Manatee as an international student.
International Application Deadlines
International application deadlines may vary from established USF Sarasota-Manatee application deadlines.
International students living outside the U.S. may apply up to one year prior to the term of entry. Additional time is usually required for submission of academic documents, evaluation, and immigration related matters. I-20 issuance for obtaining a student visa must be completed at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
|Fall semester (August)||March 1|
|Spring semester (January)||October 1|
|Summer semester (May)||March 1|
NOTE: All supporting documents (transcripts and test scores) should be submitted by the deadline dates above. All documents should be sent to:
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
Office of Admissions
8350 N. Tamiami Trail C107
Sarasota, FL 34243
After you have submitted your online application, you will receive an email from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with your student identification number. You can use this number to check the status of your application at any time. We will notify you once an admissions decision has been made.
International Application Requirements
An international applicant must submit:
- Financial Statement, if F-1 or J-1 visa required
- Copies of immigration documents, if currently in the U.S. on a temporary visa (for example, H-4, L-2, E-2)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet additional language requirements. Satisfaction of the language requirements can be considered met under a variety of circumstances. Please click here to learn more.
Additionally, international applicants must meet all admission requirements for the appropriate applicant category:
International Student Forms
- Language requirements
- Visa Information
- Financial Support Requirements Form
- Substantiates availability of financial resources sufficient to cover all educational, maintenance, and personal expenses while attending USFSM without financial assistance from the University.
USF International Services
Please contact USF Tampa International Services for additional information relevant to international students