USF Sarasota-Manatee - Facilities
- Electronic Card System effective January 2008.
- All exterior doors will be electronically locked at the close of normal operating hours and electronically unlocked at the start of the business day. If you want to access the building after normal operating hours, you will need an access card and you will need to use one of the five exterior doors equipped with a card reader. The system provides a record of anyone entering the building after hours.
- As an additional safety feature, the control system also allows all exterior doors of the building to immediately be locked down at any time in the event of an emergency or crisis situation.
- Facilities Planning & Management will manage the issuance of access cards and tracking of cards through your Department Coordinator. Security issues will be handled directly by the University Police and Campus Security.
- You will need your access card to gain access during the hours the facility is closed.
Those hours are:
- Monday-Friday 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM
- Weekends Saturday before 8:00 AM, and after 6:00 PM until 7:00 AM Monday
- Holidays All day until 7:00 AM the following day
- You must contact your Department Coordinator if you need an access card. If you lose your access card, contact your department coordinator immediately. Your Department Coordinator will notify Facilities Planning & Management to deactivate the access card in case it falls into the hands of an unauthorized person. Your Department Coordinator will also request a replacement card for you. You will be assessed a fee of $15.00 for the replacement card.