This page is intended to provide information about the steps the university is taking to prepare for an emergency and steps individuals should take to prepare for an emergency:
Staying informed about USF's emergency response
The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee will do everything it can to ensure safety of the campus. The university will execute its emergency management plan as appropriate, and it will at all times coordinate with local, state and federal agencies. USF Sarasota-Manatee will communicate regularly with the USF community via this Web site and mass media.
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures FAQs
- Emergency Action Plan
- Hurricane preparedness
- Register for Mo Bull Plus Emergency Alerts
- USF Sarasota-Manatee emergency contact information
Monitoring the national threat level
A color-coded advisory system conveys the level of risk of a terrorist attacks at any given time.
Staying informed about governmental emergency response
Several agencies offer extensive information about preparing for an emergency. Everyone in the USF community should consult these sources and take appropriate measures to prepare for an emergency. From local government to the federal government, agencies are taking steps to prepare for emergencies.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Ready.gov
- Red Cross
- Federal Emergency Management Agency - FEMA
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Manatee County Emergency Management
- Sarasota County Emergency Management
- America Responds - govt. portal for war / terrorism response